- Top Three Myths About Puerto Rico’s Tax-Exemption - Act 22
- Scotiabank Stands with our Customers, Employees and Communities Affected by Hurricane Irma
- Planet Fitness Offers Reciprocity to All Members Impacted by Hurricane Harvey and Irma
- Santander US Provides Relief Efforts Following Hurricane Irma
- PUERTO RICO TAX CODE: The Difference Between Act 20 and Act 22
A major new golf academy is coming to the Caribbean’s leading golf resort.
The Dominican Republic’s Casa de Campo is opening a new Golf Learning Center, the property announced this week.
Charlie Epps, a 40-year PGA professional, has been tapped as the executive director of the new Golf Learning Center.
Epps, whose most famous student is Argentinian golf star Angel Cabrera, has a history of developing top golf academies, including the Nicklaus/Flick Golf Schools.
“The Casa de Campo Golf Learning Center presents an exceptional opportunity to grow the game in Latin America, a market that’s very familiar to me,” says Epps, who lived in Argentina from the ages of 8 to 21 and has returned many times since. “The recent creation of the PGA Tour Latinoamérica and USGA’s Latin America Amateur Championship are evidence of golf’s increasing popularity in this part of the world and Casa de Campo is seizing that momentum.”
Casa de Campo has three Pete Dye golf courses, led by the world-famous Teeth of the Dog.
“Charlie’s strong relationships in both the U.S. and Latin America make him an ideal addition to our team,” says Andres Pichardo Rosenberg, President of Casa deCampo. “Our new instruction facility will be the best in not just the Caribbean, but all of Latin America, and we’re honored to welcome the involvement of an icon like Charlie.”
Leave your comments below using your Facebook or WordPress accounts!