- ShoulderHill Events Partners with The Climate Reality Project for the 7th annual "24 Hours of Reality"
- MCS Foundation Announces Grand Opening of Island-Wide Laundry Facilities at Acción Social de Puerto Rico Facilities
- Shop Your Way To Bring Holiday Cheer To Children Of Puerto Rico
- Houston Astros' Carlos Correa Makes Surprise Appearance at Vamos A Pescar™ Youth Fishing Event
- Statement by FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb, M.D., updating on Puerto Rico related medical product shortages
Many people dream of sitting on their veranda, sipping tall drinks while watching the sun go down in a tropical paradise such as Punta Cana. Many immediately tell themselves it’s a pipe dream, assuming that the cost of an island home is out of their reach.
New research by the National Association of REALTORS shows that while the median income of those who own their primary residence is $79,650, the median household income of people who own vacation property is not significantly more: $94,380.
Almost forty percent of vacation home owners from North America plan to use their properties as family retreats, and sixteen percent plan on converting their vacation home into their primary residence at some point in the future.
More than forty percent of buyers were interested in a vacation home’s income potential, and sixteen percent availed themselves of low real estate prices, feeling that they had got “a good deal.”
The study also reveals that more than two thirds of vacation homes bought by North Americans in 2015 were financed with a mortgage. With several banks in the Dominican Republic offering mortgages to US, UK, and Canadian residents, this trend is expected to continue and the number of vacation homes financed by mortgages will increase in the coming years.
At the moment, US, UK, Canadian residents can benefit from Dominican mortgages of up to 70%.
Source: Jocelyn Hernandez Irizarry, REALTOR®, Punta Cana Lifestyle real Estate
When I’m not selling properties, I‘m writing content for Island Insider’s Real Estate section. I am a Resort and Second-Home Property Specialist (RSPS), and a Certified International Property Specialist CIPS®. Visit my page at www.PuntaCanalife.com or follow me on Facebook.
Leave your comments below using your Facebook or WordPress accounts!