- ShoulderHill Events Partners with The Climate Reality Project for the 7th annual "24 Hours of Reality"
- MCS Foundation Announces Grand Opening of Island-Wide Laundry Facilities at Acción Social de Puerto Rico Facilities
- Shop Your Way To Bring Holiday Cheer To Children Of Puerto Rico
- Houston Astros' Carlos Correa Makes Surprise Appearance at Vamos A Pescar™ Youth Fishing Event
- Statement by FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb, M.D., updating on Puerto Rico related medical product shortages
Scotiabank donates $500,000 USD to organizations supporting the relief efforts in the Caribbean.
Scotiabank is donating $500,000 USD to charitable organizations assisting with the rescue and relief efforts in the many Caribbean countries impacted by Hurricane Irma. Our thoughts continue to be with the people of the affected regions as they demonstrate strength and resilience following the devastation.
The Canadian Red Cross will receive $250,000 of Scotiabank’s donation, with the remainder being directed to initiatives supporting young people in the affected communities. Red Cross Societies are already active, mobilizing volunteers to the possible affected areas and relaying public awareness messages. Relief supplies are on standby in Panama and the Dominican Republic to ensure an immediate response. The Canadian Red Cross has a presence in the area and is coordinating with the International Federation of the Red Cross and supporting the mobilization of regional Red Cross teams.
“The devastation caused in the countries impacted by Hurricane Irma is heartbreaking,” says Brian Porter, President and Chief Executive Officer. “Scotiabank has been part of the affected communities for decades. We are committed to the region, and will support our customers and employees during these challenging times.”
The damage associated with Hurricane Irma has resulted in a number of fatalities and caused damage to infrastructure, cutting communities off from water and electricity. Our immediate focus is on ensuring the safety of our employees. We are continuing to assess the impact on our business operations.
Customers having banking questions or support can find the appropriate contact information here.
To make a donation to the Hurricane Irma relief fund, please visit the Canadian Red Cross website.